Saturday, October 10, 2009

Observations and Self Reflections

For our Cold Stone search, Madison and I stopped at Dongdaemun, and the lights bouncing off the Dongdaemun gate was hypnotizing.


Some random observations.

- It is dangerous to drive around here. Seriously o_O. I would never try it.
- That said, taxi fare is quite cheap compared to the States. And bus fare. And subway...
- Girls are trained since birth to wear heels. Geezus, and wearing them on this campus takes serious skill, with hills and no flat surface anywhere.
- There is Engrish everywhere, lol, obviously.
- All the hot Korean guys are celebrities T_____________T
- I have yet to meet one Korean guy who doesn't smoke and/or drink.
- Jaywalking is completely normal. Also, narrow alleyways means walking next to cars inches away going thirty mph.
-

************************************************************************

Had a fun conversation about boys the other day with Cricky. We pretty much just bitched about the shortcomings of the male population in general. I keep saying my standards for a guy to keep is really high, but I've never really listed out the "requirements" persay in a clear coherent manner, so I decided to give it a shot to see how nitpicky I really am. I split this into two categories, the internal, and the superficial:

Internal:
- No smoking, drinking, or drugs (probably knocks out 70 percent of the Asian male population...)
- No physical, verbal, or mental abuse.
- No "playing the field."
- Inherently proactive. I'm lazy enough for the both of us.
- A mature perspective on life and things.
- Strong family and personal values with purpose, that complement mine. You have to get to know me to know what those are for me.
-

Superficial:
- Doesn't have to be Asian. I just happen to be more attracted to Asian boys.
- That said, he doesn't have to look like a Korean popstar dropdead gorgeous, or smoking hot, he just needs some stylish sense of fashion, or at least care enough about his body to dress cleanly and properly.
- Sexy stylish hair. I have a weakness for that.
- Good dancer. He has to be able to keep up with me when I burn up the dance floor, duh.
- Fit, buff, ripped, whatever, one of those. It's easier for guys to stay toned than it is for girls so no excuses.
- Older than me. Emotional maturity is important, dude.
- Talented. Intelligent. Has a brain. Should have the ability to do the lulz, you know.
-

Well, my superficial wants clearly outdo my more modest wants, so apparently, I'm going to end up as a nun 10 or 20 years from now. My mom could have her wish! Oh, also, I was really going to add VIRGIN under the values list, but I have little faith that there exists such a man who still has that kind of virtue premarriage.

I don't care if my standards are near "impossible" to achieve, dammit. In all honesty, I don't have the exact picture in mind the kind of man I want until I meet him, so there. I mean who does really?

I'm only standing behind this ideal until the one breaks it down and takes my breath away.

No comments: