Sunday, December 6, 2009

Quick concert recap




The concert on Friday was really amazing. One of my best times ever so far in Korea.

It was at a smaller venue, and I still wasn't able to get right up close enough to the stage because I got there about half an hour before opening time and the line went allllll the way up to the roof...., but the crowd was pretty darn close to the performers.

The opening acts were Supreme Team, D.N.G., Beatbox DG and Beanizzimo (spelling?? Don't remember.) and of course, Epik High. And dude, DOK2 is two years younger than me! Dammit, younger kids who are more accomplished than me...

Every time I see these hip hoppers, I get closer each time. And dude, I totally have a big crush on Beatbox DG now. The man is freaking HOT. And actually, there are quite a few attractive hip hop artists in the Korean hip hop/rap scene. Keke. xD One of the guys in Supreme Team is really really cute.

I'm getting more exposed to Asian Hip Hop obviously. The Korean scene is just the beginning. There are Japanese Urban artists that I was just about to get into before my laptop crashed and died.

Is going to these concerts having an adverse effect on me? I don't think so, I just hope this new path might take me somewhere someday.

No comments: