Thursday, October 8, 2009

In progress paintings

Remember when I had put up those sketches way back when, and I had to choose between the books concept or the eye concept?

That was many weeks ago, but I had chosen to do the eye painting. It's due next week in Painting Studio, and I took some in progress pictures to show you all where I'm at with it right now. Sorry I didn't get down to it sooner!





This is where it was going for a week or so, but I ended up changing it to this.





I think I'll put some red back into the eye lashes and shadows. I also need to make the lashes longer. The overall mood seems too cool for me. The red was a nice contrast.

****************************************************************************



In my Basic Painting class, we're working on our second painting now. The first was a nude painting that I didn't finish all the way through, but I don't really like it so I'm not bothering with taking pictures of it. We're doing a still life of glass, and it's actually quite enjoyable for me. We just finished our second week of working on this painting. The above two pictures is a before and after working on it in class yesterday. I have only one week left to finish this so I might actually have to go in this weekend to work on it more in order to have it done in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would have to censor my eyes if you took pictures of the nude painting hahahaha

>.<

Your eye painting looks amazing! and the other paintings do too! you make it look so eye catching. LOVE ITT!