Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thesis updates, and midterm stress...

I remember saying something on a previous (way previous) post that I would explain what my senior thesis project really is but I don't think I ever got around to it....o_O. My bad.

It's midterms still, technically for another couple of weeks, and I still haven't gotten around to explaining the fundamentals of it over and over again.

But basically, the long term assignment is for us to produce ten pieces of works that makes a statement of some sort. The simplest being making 10 spreads to a children's book, illustrating a novel, creating something that is of great importance to you. Some classmates are doing more editorial stuff, like getting articles from The New Yorker, and illustrating important articles, some are doing celebrity portraits in a circus setting, etc etc, you get the gist. We also need to put together our ten images into a book of some sort, as well as compile our preliminary work to make some sort of promo piece that showcases all the thesis illustrations at once. Bit daunting, right?

My proposal is a bit unconventional.

I said I would very much like to produce and illustrate a CD mixtape of ten songs that would also serve as a semi autobiographical project featuring an alter ego. Alter ego being mizMLee.

Not only am I illustrating ten songs, I am also writing respective lyrics to each song, and the lyrics themselves serve as a companion to the illustration. The end result would be a cd with a booklet of lyrics and illustrations.

Interestingly enough, the instrumentals I've chosen and edited to create this mixtape are all from the Asian music industry. I decided then that I might as well go the whole 9 yards and present this thesis project to be as true to me as possible.

Confirmed edited tracks so far, and their respective new titles =D
Meilin (How About Tonight) -- Manifesto ft. bnguh
Son Dambi - Cry Eye -- A.ll R.isk T.aker
Koda Kumi - Taboo -- No Taboos
Utada Hikaru - Prisoner of Love -- Prisoner of Love ft. Utada Hikaru
alan - 天女 ~interlude~ -- Storm ft. alan
Epik High ft. MYK - Heaven -- My Heaven ft. Tablo & MYK
BoA - Eat You Up -- Fresh
Koda Kumi ft. Tohoshinki - Last Angel -- If the World Ends Tonight ft. Fli Guy

I'm hoping to figure out some issues with the last two tracks over spring break. Also, I'm getting behind in completing these pieces....>.<

Midterms are finishing up this week, for now anyways. I have one last presentation on Friday in my poetry class, (wanted to go last week but we ran out of time...) and I've fallen a little behind on website class because I skipped Monday night class in order to finish a project for critique on Tuesday. Hey, it's all about compromising. There's still one big assignment that's waiting for me in middle of March in the poetry class. No idea how to go about that yet.

I'm hoping to catch up before Lauren's birthday party this weekend. Yeah, I can't wait for a good break to just relax and party. But I gotta be good and productive before then.

No comments: