Sunday, January 31, 2010

Resistance


Poetry of Resistance class homework. Got some positive feedback about it, so I'm posting it here on the blog. =D

***********************************
I say it every time, I’ll say it again,
that’s just not my scene, it gets out of hand.
My reasons for being so, people misunderstand
But what’s so hard about it to comprehend?

Don’t demand an exact explanation, it really is quite simple,
I only ask that you respect my decisions, even just a little.
I’m used to the same reactions, started way back in high school,
since then I still haven’t changed my opinion,  I’m no fool.

Not that I’m calling fools those who partake in this conventionality.
It’s just that I’m always at the sidelines watching this social activity,
And slowly grow more bored as everyone around me
lose sense of significant rationality, and eventually
I’m forced out of boredom to care for some dear to me.

Even so, I still refuse.

I’m not sure what the exact reason is anymore.
I’m of age now, what am I torn for?
If I go along, I wouldn’t be stressing as much as I would have before.
I should relax, and enjoy myself so they wouldn’t feel bad for going hardcore.

But I still refuse.
It’s like automatic now.

My body would instinctively turn code red if my mind disavows, succumbs and sways.
But a little buzz is okay, they say.
Oh, might as well get tipsy, anyway.
Or, hey, let’s get drunk, no crunked,
And in that funk it’s hammered in the slammer time,
Wasting time shwasted,
No reason or rhyme appreciated while plastered,
A messed up master of disaster, on the ground
all around, one by one,  about to pass,
and they’re all going and going, wait, they’ve gone at last.

But I’ve been saying all along in my inhibited state, haven’t I?
Limited in my choices, drowned out by other voices, isn’t that right?
Nah, I still fight it, and I guess I really don’t know why.
One thing’s for sure, I see eye to sober eye, perhaps to a fault, every time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet. That is one long poem. It's like prose but more melodic. i like rhymes.

FYI still no video. hahahahah

Marian Pham said...

i like rhymes too obviously lol.

i edited the obama post with the jo kwon link...>.<

here: http://video.ak.facebook.com/video-ak-sf2p/v22832/201/34/253364452373_17821.mp4