Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Changgyeong Palace, Bukhansan tidbits, and the shoutout rap update

So, like I said in my last post, I went to Bukhansan mountain yesterday with my Oriental Watercolor class.

Oh. My. God. >.< I don't know how I found the energy and the stamina to go up such a steep mountain. Gah. And carrying all our materials, water, and food too! It took about more than an hour to get up there. At the least. It was my first. Dude. I would never have hiked like this on my own. But now, I can totally tell people that I climbed a mountain to practice painting the landscape at the top of it. =D

Yeah...we're going back up to Bukhansan next week. T_T

I'm SO sore. This morning, I didn't feel too bad, but right now, after a day of climbing up and down the stairs on campus in buildings where my class is on the 8th floor.... T______T.

I took some pictures, but the battery in my camera ran out of juice before I could take some really good ones. Since we're going again next week, I'll wait till then before uploading those pics. And, I can show my first set of Oriental paintings too, hahaha.




This picture, my friends, is a teaser for what I will upload on facebook pretty soon. I went to Changyeong Palace with Gina last Friday, the day she helped me buy Epik High concert tickets. I really like that place. There are four other Palace gates like this one all around Seoul. I'll make it a goal to visit each one before my time here is over.

And now about that shoutout video. I have two videos of it, recorded on different days, and I COULD upload one of them, but....I'm still not satisfied with the result. So, please bear with me just a little longer until I get a chance to rerecord. >.< It's a little difficult with a roommate who doesn't leave the room very often.

2 comments:

Red-Striped Skechers said...

I bet the views were totally worth the hike (hopefully). Hahaha just trying to picture you trying to climb a moutain with all your supplies. kind of reminds me of you in jr. high/high school with your disproportionately huge backpack, climbing the stairs. lol.

Marian Pham said...

ahahahaha oh god. that was such a nightmare.
but i actually pack pretty light hiking up this mountain. i learned my lessons back in the day lol